15 June 2009

arrival in Japan, check. luggage?

Back in Japan again. This time I told myself I'd make a concerted effort to post something on the blog regularly. As luck would have it, though, my bag is in limbo, and my camera along with it.

You see, it went like so: We were about to take off from Denver for Salt Lake City when they spotted some sort of mechanical problem with the plane. A red light turned on or something. Anyway, they deboarded the whole plane, I went to the desk, the woman fiddled around on the computer, and after a few minutes she looked up at me and said, "C44. Run." I ran. It was only 4 gates down, but I still barely made it.

When I was stepping out onto the tarmac in Salt Lake (yes, small plane), it was already the departure time for my flight to Tokyo. At this point I should remind you that there are 3 types of running: jogging, running, and sprinting. I sprinted. And I made it. My luggage, however, did not.

Where is it now? Who knows. What I do know is that I'm taking the train to Higashi-Hiroshima later today, so whoever's brining me my luggage will need to keep up.

In the meantime, this lone pair of underwear is ripe and only getting riper. Time to find some fresh clothes. Luckily, there's a department store just down the street.

"Where will you stay in Higashi-Hiroshima?"

"The Hiroshima University Guest House."

"What is the phone number there?"

"Um..."

"What about the address?"

"Just ask a cab driver. That's how I always find it."

No comments:

Post a Comment