We were set to meet a friend in Lausanne (on Lake Geneva, in the French part of Switzerland) while he's here for a conference, until we realized it isn't happening until July. Oh well! Off we went anyway.
| looking out over Lake Geneva |
| Lausanne is a very steep city, which means many levels of transit |
| this wine-swilling man made me smile |
| Cafe de Grancy - yum! Except the coffee.... |
| definitely the coolest playground I've ever been in |
| strolling through the park |
| moss growing on stones is one of my favorite pieces of Swiss life |
| moss + ferns - even better |
| purple poppies |
| I could have identified these shortly after taking the photo, but now... |
| carnivores! |
| fairgrounds by the lake |
| If we have children, Nick and I decided this would be the first stop at an amusement park. It's totally safe and really tuckers out the little ones. Also, hilarious tumbles galore. |
| tee-hee |
| We were lucky the forecast was wrong, but there was still quite a haze. |
| This guy landed just after I raised my camera to photograph the sculpture. |
| Maybe they could add more hanging flower baskets, don't you think? |
No comments:
Post a Comment