Wow, guys, I am really sorry it's taken us so long to share details of our adventures abroad. The good news is that we haven't failed to photograph the new places, products and culture we've encountered. Here goes. . .
We have, in fact, added a bit of furniture to our centuries-old apartment, but I figured I'd showcase the few photos we've already taken rather than have another reason to procrastinate. I'll take some glamour shots soon of our progress in settling into the space.
| People likely died of the plague where we now sleep. |
And here's the view out onto our street
| Kirchgasse |
Our little town of Brugg is part of what was once an encampment of the Roman Legion called Vindonissa. I learned that the first bridge over the river Aare (just down the street from us) was built by the Romans, perhaps explaining our town's name, which means "bridge" in Swiss-German. Though they're in walking distance, we have yet to visit the Roman ruins, dating back to the 1st century, or the Vindonissa museum.
| Romulus und Remus with their wolf |
Here's the view from one side of the bridge nearest to us, overlooking the Aare
And here's a photo of Nick that I really like but he'd probably never show you.
| brunch at Frau Meise in Baden |
More soon...promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment