07 November 2008

A Japan photo extravaganza. Sort of. These are all from various Tokyo neighborhoods.

Carp in a feeding frenzy, Shimbashi.









Shrine. Shinto, I think. It was just like Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck. They ring the bell, clap twice, and then go in to pray. Right next to my hotel in Shimbashi.









Lion guarding the shrine. Shimbashi












Shimokitazawa. This isn't in the guide books. It is totally rad.









It's pretty stunning what you can find here. Music store, Shimokitazawa. Note: In skateboarding parlance, a "tranny" is a transition between ramps. Get your minds out of the gutter.












Tokyo-based group Muddy World. Basement Bar, Shimokitazawa.









Men's room of Basement Bar, Shimokitazawa.









Imperial gardens with downtown Tokyo skyline.









Imperial gardens, Tokyo.









Shibuya. Not even close to peak time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos, Nick. Gives me a hankering for international travel for sure. See you for New Year's (and well before, of course) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how it says "1 comments" below your post. Fits well with the topic at hand. But now I ruined it because now there are two. Fuck.

    ReplyDelete